Dealing with the impact caused by a traumatic event can leave you and your child feeling helpless and lost.

You are not alone! ​​

Crisis Helplines

  • Report Abuse and Neglect in Washington State:  DSHS
    • Phone: 1-866-EndHarm (1-866-363-4276) 

  • Youth Needing to Talk: Crisis Clinic of Thurston and Mason Counties:
    • Phone: Youth Help Line: 360-586-2777 (free, confidential, anonymous)

  • Abused or Neglected Children: Child Help- National Abuse Hotline.
    • Phone: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)

  • Child Sexual Abuse: Stop it now!
    • Phone: 1-888-PREVENT (1-888-773-8368)

  • Internet Crimes Against Children: Seattle Police Department I.C.A.C.Unit:

  • Crime Victims: National Center for Victims of Crime.
    • Phone: 1-855-4Victim (1-855-484-2846)

  • Domestic Violence: National Domestic Violence Hotline.
    •  Phone: 1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233)

  • Missing or Abducted Children: National Center for Missing or Exploited Children. 
    • Phone: 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678)

  • Rape & Sexual Abuse: Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network.
    • Phone: 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673)

  • Runaway & Homeless Youth: National Runaway Safeline.
    • Phone: 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or text 66008

  • Homeless & Runaway Services: Side Walk 
    • Phone: 360-515-5587 
    • Need services in person? Visit the Community Care Center at 225 State N.E. Olympia, WA 98501

  • Homeless Adults: Community Lifeline; an Olympia, Shelton, and surrounding area- Homeless Advocate
    • Phone: 360-490-3430

  • Food & Health Resources: Apply for food and health benefits or search for local services in your area
  • Washington Information Network: Get Connected! Get Answers!
    • Phone: 211 or Text: your zip code to 211  ​​​​​​​​​​​​​


Parenting a Child who has experienced abuse or neglect: Child Welfare Information Gateway: Available online at: Download or View Below

Download PDF

Helpful Websites


The National Child Traumatic Stress Network: Their Mission: "To raise the standard of care and improve access to services for traumatized children, their families and communities throughout the United States."

Please visit: or press the 'Get Help Now' button to be connected with their crisis hotline.

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: "The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support to people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals."

Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

Please Visit:

ParentHelp123: Washington Families can find services in their communities and apply for health insurance, food assistance programs and get more information about state-benefit programs and local resources. They offer simple, integrated family focused paths to help. Visit:

Parent Trust for Washington Children: offers unique solutions for the entire family through effective, free or low-cost classes, workshops, and coaching. If you are looking for parenting help, pregnant and looking for childbirth classes or other information on programs for pregnancy, childbirth classes, and infant care, if you need to talk with someone about parenting or need resources within Washington state for your family. They offer a searchable database for Washington state programs at:

Phone: 1-800-932-HOPE (4673) 

Find more information on Educational websites by visiting our Educate & Empower page!

Would you like to join CACWA?

Join us in our cause and continue to help communities develop and sustain CAC's throughout Washington.

Fill out an application to become a member of CACWA by clicking HERE

Children's Advocacy Centers of Washington State is an accredited member of the NCA